Toddler Bed or Single Bed?
So you have made the decision to move your baby/toddler from their cot to a bed. Congratulations! But now comes the next decision……toddler bed or single bed? Which one should you use?
There is no right or wrong answer here. It comes down to personal choice, circumstances and finances. I have listed some of the pros and cons for both options which should help make the decision a little easier for you.
- Smaller in size than a regular bed which can give your child a feeling of security
- Fits most cot mattresses so you may not need to buy another mattress
- Lower to the ground
- Most come with side rails to help prevent falls
- Makes the transition from the cot to bed slightly easier
- Means you will eventually have to buy another bed and mattress
- Larger than a toddler bed
- Higher off the ground so safety rails are recommended
- Will need to purchase a single sized mattress
- Saves you money going straight to the single bed